Thursday, June 26, 2008

Small Comment...


There have been times when I used to dream about a good camera. My father was a social worker - he used to have many public meetings and stuff like that. He used to take me with him to click pictures. I had a small camera; it was a point and shoot film camera. I dont even remember the name of the camera. But I remember when I had a Yashica film camera - again not SLR - of my uncle. My father will get hold of my uncles camera at times and will let me take pictures with it. I think that model of Yashika was famous and later I have noticed the same camera in many hands. My old camera is there still at home full of fungus. But this time I had a nikon SLR in my hand, proud me!!

Long back when I was dreaming about onsite, being an engineer, holding a camera; I never thought I will be able to achieve any of these what I have now. I remind all the readers to take a moment to think about what you have more than what you dont have. I have a colleague in my office and her career aspirations are so strong and sometimes I feel it plays a demotivating role in her current role. I have learned (may be forcibly) to be happy with what I have. I have limited my dreams about career. What I am currently thinking is, doing the best in what you are doing will always fetch you what is best for you. I have always thought testing is the last place where I should be landing. But see I have ended up here, but then, now I think I am no more cribbing about it. But I am afraid of others prejudicing about it. So I am little embaressed to say I am a tester. But I feel it is rather a very responsible job, I know there are managers trusting on me. Do they have to trust the person who developed it? The winner gets the trust.

Do what you do with full heart - ya, that full heart always plays a big role - because only when you put full heart you can get motivated your self. I have lost trust in the people who should have motivated me, so I have evolved my self to get self motivated. The best lesson I have learned is Attitude is the only way for success and for failure. With a bad attitude no one can succeed. If you think all except you are bad, I don't think that will lead you to success. If you think doing the work good and whole heartedly will not bring you anything then, how can you be happy at work. You will always in your entire life will have the same attitude towards work, I don't think getting placed in Google even can resolve the problem.

I have learned to have attitude and flexibility towards work and I trust those who assign work to me. There is no way you can do better or feel better. I stopped complaining, I have learned that either those who hear them or the person who is telling should have self respect and stop complaining and try to find solutions of your own to be in a better world; after all my dream is a better thinking world :)


No comments: