Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Time for another Piece of Glass


I am thinking of buying another lens to my camera kit. Right now i have 50mm f/1.8 and 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR; i am planning to add 105mm f/2.8 micro VR. If i do that it will have a very hard impact to my purse also to my creative photography. All my lenses are state of the art optics from Nikkor, 50mm used to be a favourite portrait lens which is sharp and cheap same time. 18-200mm VR is one of the critically acclaimed wide-telephoto zoom lens; and 105mm is the best macro lens nikon has. So my kit will be complete with that - may be with one teleconverter too - any ways, i have almost decided to go for it. its gonna cost me 750$; ya thats the other hard part i was talking about. But hope i will be able to justify it with the photos i am going to take with it. My long term plans include a nikon D300 too. May be on my way back to india. :P.
But i am not so happy about the time i am spending with my camera, i should be able to spend more time with it. But i am happier than ever with the results. The percentage of good photos coming out is getting better. Ya Bryan Peterson book has helped in taking meter readings off the sky and about green color.
I have to plan a trip with my new lens next month for long weekend thats my plan. My strength of photography is the angle which i choose to click i guess. My angles and creativity comes out good - at times, which i believe is from the artist inside me. I feel so sad for loosing my painting skills long time back. Now i dont think i can take up the brush again; may be i can try buying a coloring book instead :p
For some sample picture from Micro-Nikkor AF-S 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Click here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i hope u get more time 4 ur camera.......click on