Monday, January 21, 2008

License and Registration Please...

It was so unexpected to be pulled over by a cop. Finally it happened; first experience in my life to be stopped by police. Even in India I always wanted to get caught by police in usual checking or something like that. I have been telling my roommate about this fantasy of mine. This time i was on a trip to Charlottesville which is some 150mile far from Germantown to drop my friend. Out of the jet lag he had from the previous day's flight trip (Thanks to Qatar Airways' late flights) he was sleeping in the car while i was driving. When this happened i was under the speed limit and as far as i know i was not driving offensively. But to my surprise suddenly one cop came into the picture with flashing lights. Mind you there was no one in the road other than me and the cop. (Scary isn't it? - Especially for those who have watched some English movies with similar scene)

Ok; I pulled over and tried to wake my friend up. He has been driving here for almost 2 years and he also never had this experience. I was kind of excited and had the curiousity to know what made him stop me. He had this flash light fitted in his car which lit our car. After a long waiting time of 2 min; he came. He told my license plate is having some problem and is not so visible; okie (As far as i know there is no problem with that - later also i have checked it) now what? Then the request " License and Registration please...." i gave him what he asked for; he goes back to his car - again a long waiting period. Nishant was telling i am supposed to tell him that "my license is in my wallet i am going to get it" and "my registration is in the dash" so that he wont be so alert when i reach for it. (all these information is for the next time) then he comes back and gives me the stuff back. He asked me to fix the tag. If not caught by the same cop no one else is going to feel the problem with the tag. Then he asked us to go....

What a wonderful experience!!
There have been experiences where cops have posed for my camera and this was a different experience...

No comments: