Monday, July 23, 2007

Burning Experiences...


This weekend the following are the achievements

1. Visited Siva Vishnu Temple in Maryland
2. Saw 'Ratatuille' movie
3. Burned my hand in an attempt to extinguish the fire in our kitchen :(
4. Rowing boat with the burned hands
5. Playing shuttle with burned hands
6. Swimming with burned hands
7. Writing blog with burned hands

As of now only this much but I expect the list to grow bigger since my blister is still looking smart. Ok let me talk about the other achievements first.
First of all we have rented a car(KIA); I still wonder what they did? (KYA KIYA?) but then it was a good car. I drove it for some 2 miles. Its automatic but then enjoyable drive it was. kind of driving Activa :)

We had gone to temple at around 12 30; since one of my friend had to monitor one job in production it became late. The traffic was also bit high as there was an accident on I-495 (Interstate which runs around Washington DC known as Capitol Belt way) It was a beautiful temple with full of telugu people, just that what I have expected was not there. The guys came along with me were interested in the Sambar Rice, Idli and Vada. Even I liked them. Got some nice photos from the surroundings.

Coming to second item we had gone to my old favorite place Rio; this time it was very nice with so much people. (Last time I had gone was in winter and then the entire place was empty) This time they had two music bands, so many kids dancing and etc. As usual I had some nice time clicking my Nikon. We had gone for the much awaited Ratatuille movie. Don't twist your tongue pronouncing it, as the movie creater itself has asked to pronounce it like rat-a-tu-yee. From our usual Regal cinemas this time we have tried Lowe's; paying 2$ extra from 7.5$. But not much difference in anything expect the better sound effect. Could be the plus point of the movie. It was a good funny movie.

Then coming to the most interesting achievement; its was a quite interesting experience to have a pan full of oil catching fire and getting an experiment of pouring water into the burning oil. Awesome it was until the fire reached the heat sensor . It started screaming like a kid as if some one had pinched his thigh (I have done that - so I know how it sounds.. ) then me and my friend got panic and in that hurry i bravely grabbed the pan on the bottom. Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... oooooooooooooooohhhh..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... my brave heart prevented all these sounds except the first one... ya it burned my 3 figures till the second layer of skin. Which could be called a minor second degree burn. Which makes the most severe pain out of the 3 types of burns - third degree is painless. Ok whatever it may be I have been counting stars for 2 hours; or more don't remember since I have been busy counting stars. My roommate said 4 hours. I have been very helpless; till then I used to think ear infection is the worst pain. but this was the next level man... I had decided not to enter kitchen later. :) I have a statement here to make - my new roommate doesn't have anything to do with the accident; i don't want to make her feel more guilty. I have been trying to make her believe it; till now not successful.

Then on Sunday I have escaped from the room for a small trip with my burned figures; around 40 mile north to Germantown there is an artificial beach (nothing more than a lake with some white sand) Had tried to row an aluminum boat which made a blister over my finger. But then it was nice. Had some nice time playing shuttle, where as my other friends joined 2 American guys for foot ball. Later came ack home and had nice hot dosa with sambar. Thanks to the lovely roommates of mine. They didn't let me touch on anything other than dosa. (As if I was interested in doing something :) )

Oh man my whole body is aching after the adventurous weekend activity. My finger looks scary now. May be it will be fine in 2 days. I will wait for 2 days after that i will poke it without letting any one know :)

Dude take care of your fingures...
Wait for next blog... with more burning experiences ... :))

Above photo is of a crazy gal who was dancing for the band in Rio Mall. The evening light made the photo appear shadowy but then i liked the photo so much.

4 comments:

Silence said...

super writing man...

arathi said...

pooo...am actually feeling tired laughing my heart out !!! :) i knew u had this really crazy sense of humour in u .. but this blog is a great showcase of ur actual talent .. to have people split with laughter .. at the most unexpected times .. with the most unexpected things!! :)

Deepu said...

Thanks dear....!! But i was wondering seeing me latest blogs whether i could make you laugh again...

Unknown said...

no problem... its interesting enuf to read ur blogs :) .. funny and wacky as this one ... or not .. i just hope u dont have to have such a disastrous cooking experience once again and describe it .. to make me laugh !! :) good luck to become as good in the kitchen .. as u r with ur camera!!