Friday, June 29, 2007

Web hosting and Pandora ...


I have been so lazy these days in my life. I seriously think so, though I wanted to learn so many things I have been lazy to start something. Other than just spending time in watching movies, I want to do something useful; I can't say writing Blogs like this is useful. But then its like a diary, may be some time later some one can investigate my life using my Blog. But I really doubt whether some one would dare.. no thats not the word, 'bother' thats correct isn't it :). I also doubt how many people will read Blogs (I don't read any)
So finally me and my colleague has come to an agreement that he will give me cyber space for a competitive rate. And I wanted a trial for 2 weeks before committing; I know myself better than anyone isn't it (Though my mother used to say she knows me better than myself 8| ) So it will be a miracle if my initial spirit goes on after 2 weeks. Ok looks like I have money :) so I may buy the space; even if I don't do much about the site, There will be some content in my site, since i am planning to feed my photos to it. Should be nice idea isn't it. Also simple viewer (the flash program that render pics from Picasa) looked really nice during the demo.
Once i finish doing the setup I will Blog on how to do all these (registering domain, hosting a web etc) :) for those who want to do some thing like this. Like my friend Ms.A C. I have seen her Blog; tried to read some of the poems she has put in. But then since I don't have a Hindi poet inside me, I have stopped after sometime. Moreover I am not used to Hindi after 10th, other than for movies. Though I wont understand 40% of what they are saying; since, Hindi movies are full of emotions I do understand movies. I think so. But if some one has objection towards it i will not challenge them. I like Hindi songs more than anything, because they do make tears out of me sometimes even if I don't understand the meaning fully (what would have happen if I have understood fully)
Of late I have became a full time listener to English songs - thanks to Pandora - And if I like the music of a song I do find the lyrics of the same - thanks to ACS network with broadband - My network in Extended Stay has become little better -though it doesn't stream music as good as in office- once after my colleagues vacated from hotel. They were big time browsers, I could feel the bandwidth getting squeezed out those times...
Visit this site - www.pandora.com - you will not regret if you love songs
My friend suggested this radio station to me, its amazing. They have their music library of some 30K songs , They have identified some hundreds of attributes of each of the song they have. As per their site each song would have taken 20-30 min to get those attributed identified from them - which is the Music Genome Project . Their software will play they music which you will like, you will have to periodically refine the search by saying you liked this song, you didnt like that song like that.. Finally you will get a refined music station which will play the music you would love to hear; though you can't play a particular song, you can discover many songs and singers you have not heard of.

2 comments:

Silence said...

ok..so u have attempted to read my blog...he..ehe thts nice ..so completly into english music?

...i would like to like to recomend u pure classical cranatic music..my rommie fav(laksmi ..)...fallen in love with astapathy..

Silence said...

also sahana pookal...syle...songs from sivaji..did u ge a chance to her them..? after all sivaji is not less than any hollywood movie:)