Thursday, June 28, 2007

Straight fron Germantown...

When I came to Germantown, I had an image inside my mind. First time to US and the first city to see you can imagine the height of expectation. Washington Dullas airport appeared to be small when I got down. I understood the international terminal itself is almost twice the size of Chennai airport later when I had gone there to drop my friend. Ok I was talking about Germantown, the first thing I saw in the so called town was my hotel were I am staying; Extended Stay America. It looked very elegant on the day we came here, there was snow in the porch from the previous days snow fall. It looked very beautiful. For the first 2 -3 days I was thinking why this place is so dry and boring until my old project mate took me out. We had gone to iHope with Chrissy - my friends colleague - first time to go out with an American. She gave us lift. She was nice big lady, she finished one big glass of ice cream with strawberry in five minutes. That glass was double the size of a beer glass. That day we had gone to Milestone Center the happening shopping complex in Germantown. There we have Walmart, Giant, Target, Staples, Borders, McDonald's, Best Buy, Kohl's just to mention some. Though I got confused so much about the way and the location, I understood that it is very near to hotel. Actually it was walkable from my hotel. But now I am bored of MileStone Center. Now I have found out more hang out places, near by and also bit far too. But I wonder how I became too lazy. The place I have liked the most is my friends place, Charlettesville; where we have University of Virginia = UveeeYe. Its a funtastic place. And I really loved the company of Nishant's friends. It ranges from the Bad gal to DJ Michael. That place rocks, and it made me to dance.. that's another story.. that too in my first visit..

The photo on top is one of my first photos from a digital SLR; taken with my friend D80 before I got mine. Its from Washingtonian Center, Gaithersburg a place 10 miles away Germantown