Thursday, March 5, 2009

Time for Test....

Again its time for test. Recession; what is it that god wants from that. I have a clear idea on that. Recently I have become very much spiritual. It helps me rationalize why some things happen; while others do not have a clue about why and what. I have only one thing to tell to atheists; if being an atheist helps you to be calm and better then stay like that, else listen to what I have to say.


Its very very painful to see people loosing their jobs, I happen to be a helpless spectator of what was happening when HR head chose to sit the cabin behind me and started calling those whom he has chose. I couldn't stay there for more time and by that time I felt very heavy and very obligated to the almighty for letting me hold on to what I have for the time being. Some weeks ago, I happened to speak in a small session which is organised by my department. The topic they have chosen to discuss was "how to manage our wealth during recession". Every one spoke about managing money and how to cut costs and everything. To me it sounded nothing about money. Of course its about money, but its about money, more to the corporates. They only cut costs; whatever costs we incur are unavoidable or meaningless when we don't have job right. What wealth meant to me that time was, ourselves. Recession is a teacher, a teacher who teaches the man how dispensable he is and tells how unpredictable the life can turn out to be. In that session I told the people about that. I consider my self as an extravagant person, but I guess (just guess) I could change my spending habit according to my income. Recession is not about that, it is supposed to break the ego, which came upon the software industry or whoever started to get unimaginable wealth due to the globalization and outsourcing. I never have been proud about the money I get hold of. I consider money as a medium to achieve personal luxury and help those who is in need. Do you think those who doesn't spend money are with more light heart? no I don't think so. You would never be remembered for the money you had.


I just think this is the time to think about what we have rather than what we don't have. Time to think what and all we have which can be taken back. Is there some thing which guaranties our own life. Even that's not guarantied. Don't you feel small or smaller? Yes that's what I think god wants us to feel and think about now. Some introspection.


All the very best to those who let go their jobs (even though it was not by choice) to make their company profitable, they are real heroes.

3 comments:

Anu said...

I liked this perspective a whole lot.

Albz said...

mm .. i had been tryin to write something abt the same b4,on my blog..bt tat still remains a place for childsplay.. nice,i lyk this,to much dedicated to the scene around...

febs& alphabets said...

I very much appreciate your ability to call recession a "teacher" ...and the salute to those victims as real heroes .....

NIce thought..!!