Thursday, March 26, 2009

Friday introspection....

One of my friend some time ago told me that I am the most cynical person in the gang. He asked me not to become like that. I didn't know the meaning of the word that time correctly; even I was not sure he meant this. Cynic - A person who believes that all people are motivated by selfishness. always looking at a glass of water or life as half empty instead of half full. Always looking at the negative instead of looking at the positive. I think its some way correct. The first part is not correct for me, but in a way the second definition holds good for me. I have a weird theory in life, I do expect the worst from life or from anything. I believe it prepares me for the worst, rather than just hope for the best and believe in the good side of everything. Every one seems to have heard about the glass which is half full. Other than the normal two category of people who sees the half water and half empty space; I belong to those category who ask themselves why the glass is half empty. One of my weird (another) hobby is to justify each persons (?) actions. I do it only in my mind. I will think about why or what has made him/her do that. I think what motivates him to act selfish, or why cant he be different. This helps me to understand and accept that person as they are. This also reminds me that how blessed I am. I have so much free time in my life. I try to understand people.

Today also I don't have any work. I am not liking it. May be its because its been 3 days in a row since I had any work. Its not doing any good to me, the more I get free time, the more I tend to be lazy. I like to have continuous work. Only then I can enjoy the weekend to the full extend, the deserved break you know. I want to do something useful in the free time. Other than reading news and some wikying, I don't think I am doing anything useful. I have tried to make some new friendships in the office too. But looks like they are not as open to it as I am. I stop bugging others when I understands that they feel I don't worth it. So that's also going to be a closed chapter soon.
In news - Steaming hot tea (above 70 degrees) is linked to cancer (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7965380.stm)

No comments: